Eyestorm: Prints and Photography

Since it’s been a little while since I’ve made some recommendations about art I figured that I should make a few new suggestions. Primarily I’m interested in work that is priced under $10,ooo, not because I’m incapable of dreaming big, but because I’d like to be able to afford a car, home, and designer shoes to go along with my art. That, and anyone can get fabulous work if they’re willing to pay enough, but it takes hard work and ingenuity to get great work at an attainable price.


Enter Eyestorm http://www.eyestorm.com/. Eyestorm is an online gallery/publisher that sells limited edition prints by top contemporary artists and photographers. All works are guaranteed authentic and reasonably priced when you consider the talent level that they offer. Since 1999, Eyestorm has offered limited editions from artists such as Jeff Koons, Damien Hirst, Peter Blake, and Maurizio Cattelan. And as an added bonus Eyestorm is now allowing buyers to name their own price. This means that you can go on their and try to see if you can get an even better deal than the site is currently offering. *I’d guess that you won’t get much more than 10% off, but you never know until you try.

Here are a few pieces that I think are interesting:
Montana Forbes, Figure 2008


Maurizio Cattelan, Untitled 1999


Simon Yewdall, Yes We Can 2009


Stefen Ruiz, Billboard, Pan American Highway 2006

0 comments: